PRP Hair Treatment in Atlanta
Atlanta Mobile Aesthetics and IV Hydrotherapy offers platelet-rich plasma treatment for hair to all genders at our Dunwoody location.
PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) therapy is a new hair loss treatment that uses the body’s own blood cells to promote hair growth. PRP therapy is based on the principle that the body’s natural healing process can be harnessed to treat conditions like hair loss.
What is PRP Therapy for Hair Loss?
PRP therapy for hair loss is a completely natural and non-surgical treatment that uses your body’s own blood to promote hair growth. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentration of platelets and growth factors that are derived from your blood. PRP contains high levels of these growth factors, which are essential to hair follicle cells.
How Does PRP Therapy Work?
During a PRP therapy session, a small sample of your blood is drawn and then placed in a centrifuge which spins the blood to separate the red blood cells from the plasma. The plasma, which is rich in platelets, is then injected into the scalp. The platelets release growth factors that stimulate the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle to promote hair growth.
Benefits of Hair PRP Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss has a number of benefits:
- It is a completely natural treatment that uses your body’s own blood.
- It is non-surgical and does not require any downtime.
- PRP is an effective treatment for both men and women.
- It can be used to treat both genetic and non-genetic hair loss.
- PRP has been shown to be an effective treatment for alopecia areata, which is a type of autoimmune hair loss.
- It can be used as a standalone treatment or in combination with other hair loss treatments, such as minoxidil or finasteride.
How Effective is PRP for Hair Growth?
PRP therapy for hair loss is a highly effective treatment that can be used to effectively treat both genetic and non-genetic hair loss. PRP has been shown to be an effective treatment for alopecia areata, and can also be used to improve the results of other hair loss treatments, such as minoxidil or finasteride.
How Long Does PRP Hair Treatment Last?
PRP hair treatment is a long-term solution for hair loss. The results of PRP therapy are not immediate, as it can take several weeks or months for new hair growth to be noticeable. However, the results of PRP therapy are typically long-lasting, and most people only need one or two treatments per year to maintain their results.
How Many PRP Injections are Needed for Hair?
The number of PRP injections you will need depends on the extent of your hair loss. Most people will need between two and four treatments spaced four to six weeks apart. After your initial treatment series, you will likely only need one PRP treatment per year to maintain your results.
How to Prepare for Hair PRP Treatment
PRP hair loss treatment is a simple and quick outpatient procedure that does not require any special preparation. However, there are a few things you should do to ensure that you get the most out of your treatment:
- Schedule your PRP treatment for a time when you can relax and take it easy for the rest of the day. PRP therapy can cause fatigue and dizziness, so it is important to have someone drive you home after your treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before your treatment, as this can thin your blood and reduce the effectiveness of PRP therapy.
- Stop taking any blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, for at least one week before your treatment.
- Do not dye your hair or use any other chemical treatments for at least one week before your PRP therapy session.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after your treatment, as this can cause bruising and swelling at the injection site.
Get PRP Hair Treatment in Atlanta with AMAH
At Atlanta Medical Aesthetics and IV Hydrotherapy, our expert aestheticians are highly trained in performing PRP therapy and will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your individual needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation near you.
PRP Therapy for Hair Loss FAQ
Yes, hair PRP treatment is safe. PRP therapy uses your body’s own blood, so there is no risk of allergic reaction or rejection. PRP therapy is also a minimally invasive procedure with minimal side effects.
You can wash your hair 24 hours after your PRP therapy treatment. It is important to avoid washing your hair for the first 24 hours so that the platelets can remain in contact with your scalp and maximize their efficacy.
PRP therapy can thicken hair by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle. The growth factors released by the platelets promote the proliferation of these cells, which leads to the production of new hair.
PRP therapy is a relatively painless procedure. A local anesthetic can be used to numb the injection site if necessary. Most people report minimal discomfort during the procedure and no significant side effects afterward.
|Monday – Friday||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
OUR COVERAGE AREA