There are many people out there who wonder about IV Hydrotherapy and what it entails. Hydrotherapy is a common type of water therapy designed to treat various emotional, mental, or physical conditions. It is conducted with the use of hot or cold water, depending on the desired therapy, at varying rates of flow. Hydrotherapy uses specialized tools, including whirlpool baths, saunas, showers, hot tubs, pools, and physiotherapy tanks.
Many experts recommend hydrotherapy for different conditions, whether it be anxiety, depression, skin disorders, or physical ailments. It is often used alongside other forms of therapy and/or medication for optimal results.
Hydrotherapy for the Skin Treatment Process
Hydrotherapy is conducted in many forms depending on the patient, therapist, or doctor, and the reason for pursuing this type of therapy. IV hydrotherapy can be used for hydrating athletic recovery, cellular health, circulation for skin and organs, and mental health.
A few common types of hydrotherapy include:
- Aquatic exercises. This type of exercise allows those with arthritis, fibromyalgia, or other chronic pain to experience low-impact physical activity to maintain muscle movement without risking further damage.
- A warm bath. This can be done in the comfort of your home or within a specialized facility with added essential oils, minerals, or salts for additional relief.
- Sauna. A sauna provides increased blood flow throughout the body, pain relief, detoxification, and skin rejuvenation using wet or dry heat.
- Immersion therapy. Just as it sounds, immersion therapy is conducted by the patient immersing their body in warm or cool water whether it be in a whirlpool bath, hot tub with jets, sitz bath, or by taking a cold plunge.
- Intravenous (IV) hydrotherapy. IV hydrotherapy allows for nutrients to be delivered directly to cells throughout the body for increased skin hydration, rejuvenation, and detoxifying the body quickly.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy Infusion
Hydrotherapy offers a multitude of benefits, from skin clarification to ridding the body of harmful toxins. More specifically, those living with chronic conditions affecting connective tissues or the musculoskeletal system find significant pain relief with warm water hydrotherapy, as the water helps to relax muscles and increase blood flow to reduce pain. In addition, those living with various types of arthritis including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis find relief from the weightlessness aquatic therapy allows.
Intravenous hydrotherapy allows a licensed professional to infuse the necessary vitamins and minerals responsible for detoxifying the body and allowing for brighter, healthier-looking skin.
Many people take oral vitamins daily, however, nearly half of these vitamins and minerals never make it to the organs inside of your body. IV hydrotherapy allows crucial vitamins and minerals to be injected directly into the vein, allowing them to enter the bloodstream and begin working immediately.
How AMAH Can Help
At Atlanta Mobile Aesthetics and Hydrotherapy, we understand the importance of maintaining a youthful appearance with glowing, healthy skin. Because of this, we provide a variety of services including laser skin treatment, facial aesthetics, and IV hydrotherapy. Contact AMAH today to schedule an appointment near you.